Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A very merry xmas beer.

One of my fantastic gifts from my boyfriend Steve was a four pack of Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter beer. The name just rolls off the tongue for syllables and syllables. Anyhoo, being a huge fan of Mr. Thompson and Mr. Steadman, I figured I would deeply enjoy a tribute beer. Let's see how the website describes it:

Photobucket

Hmm. Sounds a bit strong for my tastes, but let's give it a whirl.

I take a sip in what appears to be a glamorous pose:

Photobucket


and my immediate reaction:


Photobucket



Holy mother of god. It tastes like it was drained out of a garbage can. Now, I understand that the beer was warm and that makes a huge difference, but even an ice bucket and an eskimo's ass aren't going to make this beer taste any better.

I wish I had taken a picture, but when I poured out what was remaining in the bottle (I got about halfway through and determined that my life was at risk) the beer had the consistency of vinegar. I drank a few glasses of wine (give or take five or six) and washed that taste out.

At least the bottle looks awesome though, right? Hats off to you, Ralph, for making such a sweet label for a bitter beer.

Merry christmas to everyone and enjoy your holidays!

No comments: